Thursday, October 1, 2015

Brakes and Bushings!

October 1st, 2015

While I wait for suspension and a new turbo to arrive, I wrote to Soichiro at Monster Sport who managed to find some engine mounts and suspension bushings for me!


The car doesn't have that many miles on it, but rubber degrades over 23 years.  My engine moves around a lot, and the suspension could use a little more stiffness.  Why not swap them all with performance replacements??


These should be awesome!  In the end, it'll be like a brand new car.  Here is the invoice I was sent, just for reference:


And if I'm making the car faster and handle better, I needed some better brakes:


I went with some Dixcel slotted rotors all around.  I hadn't heard of Dixcel, but it came up on a few AZ-1 build blogs in Japan, so they can't be that bad.  They'll at least be an improvement over stock.  Now I just need some pads.

No comments:

Post a Comment